Friday, May 25, 2012

Zwartehond saddle saga

I keep flailing with saddles for my WorkCycles Kruisframe, Zwartehond. The classic seatpost with B.72 works pretty well though. My only complaint is in how nightmarishly slick the B.72 was.  I hunted around on the internets for advice, then *gulp* lightly sanded the seat. Quite an improvement, and the lighter color of the abrasions all but disappeared with a little Obenauf's and some more riding.  My only complaint was that the seatpost and its shim was slightly shifting- twisting in the frame. It took a frightening amount of torque to stop it, and I backed off. I'm going to try some of that Ritchey Liquid Torque, and making sure the surfaces are reasonably burnished.

I also acquired a Brooks single rail classic saddle clamp, to experiment, maybe I can stick the B.67 back on, with a height comparable to the B.72s  I mean the -72 is great, but the 67's springs are so nice. Also the leathery texture is pleasant. I just flipped the post clamps around, so the clamp rides a bit above the rails, and keeps the overall height as low as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment