Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tweed Ride?

2nd annual Iowa City Tweed Ride.  Okay, basic summary:

Enjoyable meet and greet with old bicycles at the beginning, dissolves rapidly into biking 2 miles to a bar, then to a park (for more alcohol), to another bar etc.  So actually not much of a ride.  I bailed out right at the point that intoxicated riders began to find it funny to walk around in their undergarments.

I mean I don't have a problem with a pint or two of a stout, I mean liquid carbs? Yes. But decorum and excess and all that.




Rode to a nice used book store. Riding in Iowa City is so fun. Traffic is calm and always neat places to ride.

I eventually finagled the pigeon back into the car and drove the hour or so back home. Having to basically re-tweak the front rod brakes every time the front wheel is removed to fit the thing in the car, that's a real hassle. If it wasn't 50 miles down and back on shoulderless 55mph byways I would've just rode it.


Then the next day I took the Pigeon and rode 40 miles out into the country. Much more enjoyable. I need to start packing actual nutrition, as I got a little ragged at the end.

met an otter at his creek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment